Section 1 Assessment
Here are the questions due for the section assessment (assigned today):
1. List the following definitions (SLO 1.1 – 1.4):
- Hard water
- Reverse osmosis
2. In your own words, briefly explain how CLIMATE CHANGE or POPULATION CHANGES can have a negative effect on water quality (SLO 1.2).
3. Explain what is meant by the term water quality. Describe a sample of water that you think would have a high quality of water (SLO 1.3).
4. From the list below, select ONE of the following water quality tests and explain how to conduct the test and what the test might tell you in the end (SLO 1.3).
- Chlorine test
- Hardness test
- Clarity test
- Organism test
5. Using the diagram in your notes as a guide, create a visual representation of your own that depicts or shows the distribution of water on Earth’s surface. You can use any type of visual display that you wish, as long as it is clear and makes sense (SLO 1.1).